2020 SIEGE® INVESTMENT CONFERENCE NOV. 13
Apply HERE to present.
The SIEGE® Investment Conference is the oldest investment conference in the Southeast that focuses on video games and related industries. It gives entrepreneurs in these industries an opportunity to pitch their business concepts to potential investors. Because videogames are a mix of creative content and technology, there are many types of businesses that benefit, and/or benefit from, video game development. Past presenters have included:
- Video and tabletop game studios, providers, publishers and facilitators;
- interactive music producers;
- esports businesses;
- livestreaming platforms;
- social networks;
- electronic media;
- search engines developers;
- middleware developers;
- interactive products supporting live entertainment;
- interactive promotional products;
- including feature films, books, comic books, eLearning products, virtual reality arcades and more.
Panelists include VCs, angel investors, successful entrepreneurs, digital media experts and more.
Important facts about the 2020 SIEGE® INVESTMENT CONFERENCE are:
- The conference runs on Zoom from 8:30 am – noon Friday November 13
- Zoom attendance will be by invitation only, but the conference will be livestreamed at youtube.com/GeorgiaGameDevs.
- There will be 10 to 15 on-screen Panelists, consisting primarily of angel investors, VC representatives and industry experts to provide feedback, suggestions and more.
- There will also be 20 to 30 Judges who will not be viewable onscreen, but will (a) vote on the Overall Winner and the Startup Winner and, after the Presentations, (b) will meet in small groups in separate Zoom Breakrooms for relaxed feedback sessions with the presenting teams.
- If none of the Presenting Teams receives a majority of the vote of the judges in any category, the Panelists will decide the Winner for that category.
- Each startup makes a five-minute presentation, followed by five minutes of Q&A. Judges and panelists can continue to ask questions in chat during the five-minute transition between presenters.
- Teams wanting to present should submit applications by Sept. 30. Applications can be found HERE. Word version HERE. Earlier applications are more likely to be selected.
- The opportunity to act as Judges and Panelists are by invitation only. You may apply to be a judge by emailing [email protected]
- The Best Startup receives $1,000.
To qualify as a Startup the following must apply:
Presenter must not have received investments of more than $15,000 including investments by founders, and their friends and family, and outside investors. Additionally, revenue from the prior calendar year and revenue to the date of submission in the current fiscal year, must not have exceeded $15,000 for each period.
- There is no charge for being a Presenter, Panelist, Judge or Guest at the Conference. Our sponsors fund the conference.
- SIEGE® stands for the Southern Interactive Entertainment and Game Expo and is produced by the Georgia Game Developers Association (the “GGDA”).
For the fastest responses, please email any questions to all three of these emails:
Rob Hassett [email protected]
Lynn Hassett [email protected]
GGDA [email protected]
Or call Rob Hassett at 678-506-8828
It may not seem that way to the Entrepreneur who struggles making her first few presentations, but those individuals who have the courage to make presentations are very likely to be successful in the long run.
A picture is worth a thousand words except when it’s not. It all depends on the picture and the words.
SIEGE 2019 Presenters
Livesight – Nicholas Middlebrooks and Alex Hornecker
Intonal – Andrew Beck
Want to Pitch Your Project?
There is no charge to present, attend or judge. For additional information, feel free to call Rob Hassett at 678-506-8828 or, Lynn Hassett at 404-788-7903 or email us at [email protected] or [email protected].
2019 Investment Conference Preliminary Schedule
9:00 – 9:30 am | Seating of Advisory Panel Members (assigned) and Mentors and other Judges (not assigned), Setup of First Presenter
9:30 am – 9:40 am | Preliminary Matters Including Sponsor Announcements, Introduction of Advisory Panel Members, and Miscellaneous Announcements
9:40 am–9:55 am | 1st Presenter
9:55 am–10:00 am | Set up of 2nd Presenter
10:00 am–10:15 am | 2nd Presenter
10:15 am–10:20 am | Set up of 3rd Presenter
10:20 am- 10:35 am | 3rd Presenter
10:35 am – 10:40 am │ Set up of 4th Presenter
10:40 am – 10:55 am │ 4th Presenter
10:55 am- 11:10 am │1st Break and Set up of 5th Presenter
11:10 am – 11:25 am │ 5th Presenter
11:25 am – 11:30 am │ Set up of 6th Presenter
11:30 am – 11:45 am │ 6th Presenter
11:45 am – 11:50 am │ Set up of 7th Presenter
11:50 am – 12:05 am │ 7th Presenter
12:05 am – 12:10 am │ Set up for 8th Presenter
12:10 am – 12:25 am │ 8th Presenter
12:25 am – 12:40 am │ Reset room for lunch and breakout sessions
12:40 am – 3:00 a.m. │ Lunch and breakout sessions; opportunity for all Presenters and Judges to meet. 2:15 PM winners and any awards will be announced. Breakouts will continue for those interested until 3 PM.
Burnout Game Ventures: http://www.burnoutgameventures.com/
Cogent Education: http://www.cogenteducation.com/
Crank Media Intelligence: http://www.cranklive.com
Ker-Chunk Games: http://ker-chunk.com/
+Mpact Games: http://www.hanakogame.com/
Rockin’ Finance http://www.rockinfinance.com
Soverance Studios: http://soverance.com/
World’s Fastest Drummer: http:// www.worldsfastestdrummer.com
Puzzles by Joe: http://puzzlesbyjoe.com/